Penalty shootout and Roulette...
Finally worlds biggest event in 2006 came to end with Italy lifting the worldcup. Both my fav teams Argentina and Brazil could not make it to finals. I do not know why but I did not want Germany or France to win, so I was supporting Italy in the finals.Many important matches in the worldcup were decided based on penalty shootout. Is penalty shootout a correct solution to break the deadlock? Penalty kicks heavily depend on luck and goalkeeping skills rather than footballing skills as a whole. Golden goal as a tie breaker is better than penalty kick. They can also keep adding extratimes until the winner is decided this will have advantage for team with better stamina. They can also add new rules similar to shortcorner in hockey(field hockey) during the play to increase the scoring opportunities. Another option can be to remove the half side rule during extra time.
I am sure this penalty shootout will leave many foootball fans unsatisfied with the results. It is quite similar to Russian roulette.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home